- 1 cup packed dates, pitted
- 1 cup roughly chopped almonds or walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 honey
- 1/4 peanut butter (or any other nut butter of your choosing)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- optional: chocolate chips, dried fruit, more nuts
- Run dates through the food processor until they are smooth and dough like (about 1 minute)
- Place dates, almonds and oats in a bowl and set aside
- Warm peanut butter and honey in a saucepan until they are runny
- Pour honey and peanut butter over the dates, almonds and oats while stirring constantly. Make sure you break up the dates and get them well incorporated into the mixture.
- Place the mixture into a pan lined with plastic wrap and press the mixture down firmly. If you like thicker bars choose a smaller pan, if you like thinner ones choose a larger one.
- Cover with plastic wrap and put in the fridge for 20 - 30 minutes to harden.
- Remove from the pan and chop into even bars. Place into an airtight container.